The Reporter, founded by The Reporter Cultural Foundation, is Taiwan’s very first non-profit media organization. We focus on in-depth reportage and investigative journalism, publishing our works on an open-source website. We are dedicated to probing issues at stake and to build a diverse modern society and media environment.
The Reporter Cultural Foundation
Director / Chang De Liu
Board of Directors / Sunny Lin, Wen Yung Hou, Po Ru Ke, Jason Hsu, Xu Tian Huang, Yu Yo Lin, Ruei Cheng Jheng, Yu Ching Tsai, Hsiao Wei Chiu, Richy Li Supervisor / Wei Wen Li, Chih Chang, Shun Xiao Chen
Consultant / Yi Ru Liu, Shieu Chi Weng Legal Consultant / Yi Hsiu Hou, Kuo Yen Weng, Yeh Hsin Chen Chief Executive Officer / Jung Shin Ho Deputy Chief Executive Officer / Sherry Lee Administration Manager / Jennifer Cheng Marketing Executive / Jane Li Brand & Product Marketing Executive / Hsing Ying Chen
The Reporter Foundation was founded with T.H. Tung's personal donation of NTD 5 million, and depends on donations to maintain operations hereafter.
Editor-in-Chief / Sherry Lee Editorial Managing Director / Hui Chun Yang Deputy Editor-in-Chief / Jason Liu Managing Editor / Tzewu Chang, Po Chun Ho Senior Journalist / Wen Ting Yen, Fu Nien Tsao Journalist /William Kung, Yu Yo Lin, Hui Chen Lin, Chieh Chen, De Lun Chen, Will Yang Data Journalist / Hao Hsiang Ke Audio Content Manager / Jean Lan Managing Editor / Shih Yun Chang Coordinator editor / Chin Hsuan Hung Editor / Szu Hua Chen Product Manager / Ivory Chia Art Designer / Yu Chen Huang, Chen Na Lin, Ethan Kong Software Engineer / Ching Yang Tseng, Taylor Fang Photo Department Director / Chih Wei Yu Photojournalist / Tzu Lei Yang, Hsiao Wei Chen, Yen Ting Lin
The Reporter is a non-profit media organization founded by The Reporter Foundation and relies on public donation. We focus on in-depth reportage and investigative journalism.
Principles of Donation
- All donators should follow the principle of “Three-No”: no ownership, no intervention, and no return.
- The Reporter does not accept donations from political parties and people.
- Donations more than one million NTD will be reviewed by a Review Committee from the Board of Directors, who will make decisions on whether to accept or refuse certain donations.
- Donations more than one million NTD must be signed by the donor.
The Society of Publishers in Asia (SOPA） 2017
- Excellence in Human Rights Reporting/Group C/Award for Excellence /"Fake, Exploitation, and Distressful Fishery"
- Excellence in Information Graphics/Group C/Award for Excellence /"Offshore Fisheries in Taiwan"
- Excellence in Investigative Reporting/Group C/Award for Excellence /"Fake, Exploitation, and Distressful Fishery"
- Excellence in Human Rights Reporting/Group C/Honorable Mention/"Stateless Children of Migrant Workers"
- Excellence in Investigative Reporting/Group C/Award for Excellence/六輕營運20年：科學戰爭下的環境難民
- Excellence in Reporting on Women’s Issues/Group C/Award for Excellence/Cross-border Investigation on the Hidden Facts behind the HPV Vaccination Policy
- The Scoop Award/Group C/Honorable Mention/【普悠瑪18死事故】2通簡訊示警，關鍵53分鐘危機處理待調查
- Excellence in Opinion Writing/Group C/Award for Excellence/2018九合一選舉結果觀察
- Excellence in Video Reporting/Group C/Award for Excellence/我們仨
Tai Hai Press Photo Contest
- Cross-strait News/Sliver/"Rooted In Cross-Strait Land"
- Tai Hai Environmental Protection/ Gold/ "Cement Bags at the Cost of House and Farm."
- Tai Hai Economic News/ Silver/ “Before Departure: Taiwanese Dream of Indonesian Fishermen”
- Tai Hai Economic News/Sliver/Chih Wei Yu
- Tai Hai Portrait News/Gold/Chih Wei Yu
- Tai Hai LFCN / Sliver/Chih Wei Yu
Human Rights Press Awards
- Chinese Multimedia Award: “Before Departure: Taiwanese Dream of Indonesian Fishermen”
- Text & Print – Features Merit: "Covered wounds: Youth face sexual abuse in resettlement homes"
Excellent Journalism Award
- In-Depth Reporting Award: "In Their Teens, In Their Ruins."
- Investigative Report Award: "Fake, Exploitation, and Distressful Fishery."
- Investigative Report Award: "Witness Kaohsiung's Land Pollution." https://www.twreporter.org/i/steel-slag https://www.twreporter.org/a/refinery-air-pollution
Vivian Wu Journalism award
- Queer News Report Award: "In the Lesbian and Gay Families."
Taiwan Innocence Press Awards
- News Story of the Year: "Hsing-Tse Cheng's 14-Year Wait for Exoneration."
Taiwan Press Photo Contest
- Portrait / Second Place / Chih Wei Yu
- Portrait / Honor / Yu En Lin
- Series / Honor / Yu En Lin
- The Best Photographer of the year／Chih Wei Yu
- Series / First Place／Chih Wei Yu
- Reporting Breaking News / Third Place／Chih Wei Yu
- Portrait / First Place／Chih Wei Yu
- 圖文特寫類 / Honor / Chih Wei Yu
- 自然環境與科技類 / Third Place, Honor／Chih Wei Yu
- Arts & Culture Reporting / Honor / Long Hei Chan
本文依 CC 創用姓名標示-非商業性-禁止改作3.0台灣授權條款釋出