The Reporter, founded by The Reporter Cultural Foundation, is Taiwan’s very first non-profit media organization. We focus on in-depth reportage and investigative journalism, publishing our works on an open-source website. We are dedicated to probing issues at stake and to build a diverse modern society and media environment.
The Reporter Cultural Foundation
Director / Jong-Tsun Huang
Board of Directors / Sunny Lin, Wen Yung Hou, Po Ru Ke, Jason Hsu, Xu-tian Huang, Chang De Liu, Yu Ching Tsai, Hsiao Wei Chiu, Richy Li, Yu Yo Lin Supervisor / Wei Wen Li, Yuan Hui Hu, Shun Xiao Chen Chief Executive Officer / Jung Shin Ho Deputy Chief Executive Officer / Sherry Lee Marketing Manager / Sylvie Wang Marketing Executive / Jane Li Administration Manager / Jennifer Cheng Consultant / Shieu Chi Weng, Yi Ru Liu Legal Consultant / Yi-hsiu Hou, Kuo-yen Weng, Yen-hsin Chen
The Reporter Foundation was founded with T.H. Tung's personal donation of NTD 5 million, and depends on donations to maintain operations hereafter.
Editor in Chief / Sherry Lee Deputy Editor in Chief and Managing Editor / Hui Chun Yang Journalist / Hui Chen Fang, Tzewu Chang, Chih Hsin Liu, ＳＳSharon Wang, William Kung, Yu Yo Lin, Wen Ting Yen, Fu Nien Tsao, Hui Chen Lin Managing Editor / Shih Yun Chang Coordinator editor / Chin Hsuan Hung Editor / Szu Hua Chen Senior Editor / Sylvie Wang Art Designer / DaDa Wu, Yu Chen Huang, Chen Na Lin Software Engineer / Fa Hsien Li, Chung Jen Yu, Ching Yang Tseng, Taylor Fang Photo Department Director / Chih Wei Yu Senior Photojournalist / Jameson Wu Photojournalist / Tim Su
The Reporter is a non-profit media organization founded by The Reporter Foundation and relies on public donation. We focus on in-depth reportage and investigative journalism.
Principles of Donation
- All donators should follow the principle of “Three-No”: no ownership, no intervention, and no return.
- The Reporter does not accept donations from political parties and people.
- Donations more than one million NTD will be reviewed by a Review Committee from the Board of Directors, who will make decisions on whether to accept or refuse certain donations.
- Donations more than one million NTD must be signed by the donor.
The Society of Publishers in Asia (SOPA） 2017
- Excellence in Human Rights Reporting/Group C/Award for Excellence /"Fake, Exploitation, and Distressful Fishery"
- Excellence in Information Graphics/Group C/Award for Excellence /"Offshore Fisheries in Taiwan"
- Excellence in Investigative Reporting/Group C/Award for Excellence /"Fake, Exploitation, and Distressful Fishery"
- Excellence in Human Rights Reporting/Group C/Honorable Mention/"Stateless Children of Migrant Workers"
- Excellence in Investigative Reporting/Group C/Award for Excellence/六輕營運20年：科學戰爭下的環境難民
- Excellence in Reporting on Women’s Issues/Group C/Award for Excellence/Cross-border Investigation on the Hidden Facts behind the HPV Vaccination Policy
- The Scoop Award/Group C/Honorable Mention/【普悠瑪18死事故】2通簡訊示警，關鍵53分鐘危機處理待調查
- Excellence in Opinion Writing/Group C/Award for Excellence/2018九合一選舉結果觀察
- Excellence in Video Reporting/Group C/Award for Excellence/我們仨
Tai Hai Press Photo Contest
- Cross-strait News/Sliver/"Rooted In Cross-Strait Land"
- Tai Hai Environmental Protection/ Gold/ "Cement Bags at the Cost of House and Farm."
- Tai Hai Economic News/ Silver/ “Before Departure: Taiwanese Dream of Indonesian Fishermen”
- Tai Hai Economic News/Sliver/Chih Wei Yu
- Tai Hai Portrait News/Gold/Chih Wei Yu
- Tai Hai LFCN / Sliver/Chih Wei Yu
Human Rights Press Awards
- Chinese Multimedia Award: “Before Departure: Taiwanese Dream of Indonesian Fishermen”
- Text & Print – Features Merit: "Covered wounds: Youth face sexual abuse in resettlement homes"
Excellent Journalism Award
- In-Depth Reporting Award: "In Their Teens, In Their Ruins."
- Investigative Report Award: "Fake, Exploitation, and Distressful Fishery."
- Investigative Report Award: "Witness Kaohsiung's Land Pollution." https://www.twreporter.org/i/steel-slag https://www.twreporter.org/a/refinery-air-pollution
Vivian Wu Journalism award
- Queer News Report Award: "In the Lesbian and Gay Families."
Taiwan Innocence Press Awards
- News Story of the Year: "Hsing-Tse Cheng's 14-Year Wait for Exoneration."
Taiwan Press Photo Contest
- Portrait / Second Place / Chih Wei Yu
- Portrait / Honor / Yu En Lin
- Series / Honor / Yu En Lin
- The Best Photographer of the year／Chih Wei Yu
- Series / First Place／Chih Wei Yu
- Reporting Breaking News / Third Place／Chih Wei Yu
- Portrait / First Place／Chih Wei Yu
- 圖文特寫類 / Honor / Chih Wei Yu
- 自然環境與科技類 / Third Place, Honor／Chih Wei Yu
- Arts & Culture Reporting / Honor / Long Hei Chan
October 5, 2018 Attended the 3rd Asian Investigative Journalism Conference "Uncovering Asia" in Seoul, South Korea, hosted by the Global Investigative Journalism Network (GIJN), the Korea Center for Investigative Journalism, and the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung(KAS).
March, 2018 Attended a conference hosted by German’s Konrad-Adenauer-Stifting(KAS) foundation in Essen, Germany, to share experience in cross-boarder investigative journalism and to discuss the possibility to corporate with journalists from Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, India and Indonesia.
Jun. 28, 2017 The Reporter became a member of Global Investigative Journalism Network (GIJN), the first one in Mandarin speaking world. The Reporter will be an new force of the international investigative journalism network.
Jun. 4, 2017 Invited by Waseda University to join international conference and seminars of Investigative Journalism in the Asia Region: Perspectives and Prospects.
Sep. 23, 2016 Attended the Second Asian Investigative Journalism Conference "Uncovering Asia" in Kathmandu, Nepa, hosted by the Global Investigative Journalism Network, the Centre for Investigative Journalism, Nepal, and the Konrad-Adenauer-Stifting(KAS).
Oct. 6, 2018 Editor-in-chief Sherry Lee delivers a speech on the subject of "cross-border investigations" with two-time Pulitzer prize-winning journalist Martha Mendoza of the Associated Press, Pramod Acharya, journalist with Centre for Investigative Journalism in Nepal and Wahyu Dhyatmika, managing editor of Tempo Newsroom in Indonesia during the 3rd Asian Investigative Journalism Conference "Uncovering Asia" in Seoul, South Korea.
Oct. 6, 2018 Launched the traditional Chinese edition of the Investigative Journalism Manual at the 3rd Asian Investigative Journalism Conference "Uncovering Asia" in Seoul, South Korea. The Investigative Journalism Manual was created by Konrad-Adenauer-Stifting(KAS) and translated by The Reporter, which also helped to distribute to the Chinese readership.
Sep.12, 2018 Published third book based on in-Depth Report of the Year "in Their Teens, In Their Ruins."
July. 3, 2017 Interviewed Taiwan's Premier Lin Chuan and published the feature story "Review the Budget for Forward-Looking Infrastructure Plan."
June. 15, 2017 The Reporter won four awards at The SOPA Awards for Editorial Excellence.
May. 16, 2017 Hosted the first book launch seminar of "Fake, Exploitation, and Distressful Fishery" in Taipei.
Apr. 2017 Published first book based on the investigative report: "Fake, Exploitation, and Distressful Fishery."
Apr. 10, 2017 "Fake, Exploitation, and Distressful Fishery," a collaborative reporting by The Reporter and Tempo magazine, was reported by GIJN.
Mar. 25, 2017 Held "The Reporter X Megaport Festival: Capsule News."
Feb. 25, 2017 Held "The Reporter's Photography Workshop: Image Locally Rooted Project."
Feb. 2017 Authorized and published "The stateless children of immigrant workers in Taiwan."
Jan.14, 2017 Held Investigative Reporting Workshop & Photography Workshop.
Dec.18, 2016 Published Investigative Report of the Year "Fake, Exploitation, and Distressful Fishery."
Oct. 25, 2016 Launched the first newsgame in Taiwan "Daily Life of the Emergency Room" was admitted as a finalist of the Investigative Report Award of 2016 Excellent Journalism Awards.
Aug.-Sep. 2016 Held "Who's the Reporter?" Seminars in Taipei, Taichung, Kaohsiung, and Hualien.
Aug. 2016 Launched monthly donation project and released our first branding video.
Jun. 25, 2016 Hosted "Meet-readers on Rooftop" to invite readers from all fields to have face-to-face talks.
Dec.16, 2015 The Reporter officially came online.
Sep.1 ,2015 The Reporter Foundation was founded.
本文依 CC 創用姓名標示-非商業性-禁止改作3.0台灣授權條款釋出