The Reporter, founded by The Reporter Cultural Foundation, is Taiwan’s very first non-profit media organization. We focus on in-depth reportage and investigative journalism, publishing our works on an open-source website. We are dedicated to probing issues at stake and to building a diverse modern society and media environment.
- The directors and supervisors of the foundation shall not be involved in or interfere with any news production and news content of The Reporter.
- All donors should adhere to the principle of “no possession", “no interference", and “no return". Any news production by The Reporter shall not affected by the donors.
- If the news production involves the above two principles, the supervisor will supervise whether the content maintains independence and autonomy.
- The full-time staff of the foundation are not allowed to have any part-time jobs with fixed remuneration; they are not allowed to write articles in commercial media unless approved by the foundation.
Our Honorable Work
“An impactful scoop that bears out journalism’s existential value — the government’s watchdog.”The Society of Publishers in Asia commenting on The Reporter, 2022
Here are some of our award-winning articles in English version:
- “How Taiwan Became an Accessory to Slavery on the High Seas", written by I Ting Chiang, Sherry Lee
- “Taiwan's Path to Pangolin Conservation: How a Mega Pangolin Leather Exporter Transformed into a Conservation Specialist", written by Hui Chen Lin
- “How Does Taiwan Rescue Pangolins, a Species Almost Impossible to Treat in Captivity?", written by Hui Chen Lin
- “How Did Taiwanese Researchers and Citizens Collaborate to Create World Records in Pangolin Conservation?", written by Hui Chen Lin
- “The First Hand Testimony from Xinjiang "Re-Education Camps", written by Jason Liu
- “Desperate Message from Han People in "Re-Education Camps" in Xinjiang", written by Jason Liu
- “Uncovering the Money and China Factor Behind "Mission" – Taiwan's Most Controversial Content Farm", written by Te Lien Kung, Hao Hsiang Ko, Jason Liu, Chia Yu Hsu
- “The Content Mill Empire Behind Online Disinformation in Taiwan", written by Jason Liu, Hao Hsiang Ko, Chia Yu Hsu
- “The War Behind Races to Develop Remedy for COVID-19", written by Jill Yang, Hui Chen Lin, Hao Hsiang Ko
- “The SARS Doctors: How Three Doctors Remember Taiwan's Worst Quarantine", written by Tze Wu Chang
- “When COVID-19 Hits Taiwan’s National Concert Hall: Observations From A Violinist, Laborer, And Mother", written by Tsao Fu-Nien
For more articles in English, please READ HERE.
Our International Participation
“Journalists at The Reporter continue to innovate and investigate, setting a gold standard for nonprofit media in East Asia. Whether it's cross-border collaborations, cutting-edge podcasts, or deep-dive investigative projects, they are helping lead the way for a new era of public-interest media." - David E. Kaplan, Executive Director of the Global Investigative Journalism Network
你的支持能幫助《報導者》持續追蹤國內外新聞事件的真相，邀請你加入 3 種支持方案，和我們一起推動這場媒體小革命。